Summer Reading In Full Swing!
This year our summer reading theme is “Libraries Rock!” We will be offering programs and reading incentives through August 23rd.
Read & Bead – This summer, you can build a necklace starting with a chain that the library will provide and fill it with beads you can earn during the summer! Here’s how it works: 1) Get various beads by reading, attending programs, and completing various tasks 2) Add beads to your chain all summer long 3) Wear your chain and be awesome!
Summer Reading School Assignments - The library also has purchased numerous copies of books that are on the Bellingham and BVT Reading Lists. We recommend reserving your copy early as they are limited and are often checked out by mid-summer!
Summer Special Programs in July – More events in August see details for all events on the library website event calendar.
- Musical Movie Monday Sing Along – Mondays at 2 pm, For families, please register.
- Sidewalk Chalk – Thursday, July 5th from 2-3:30 pm. For all ages, drop in!
- Ravenous Readers – Mondays, July 9th and 30th at 12 noon for kids entering grades 4-7; and Monday July 16th at 12 noon for kids entering grades 1-3. Please register.
- S’more Fun – Monday, July 9th at 6:30 pm. For families, please register.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover Drop Off – Anytime Tuesday, July 10th or at Wednesday, July 11th Stuffed Animal Story Time Program. Pick up is anytime on Friday.
- Rocket Workshop with Ed the Wizard – Tuesday, July 10th at 3 pm. For kids entering grade one and up. Please register.
- Stuffed Animal Story Time – Wednesday, July 11th at 10:30 am.
- Krafty Kids – Wednesdays at 2:30 pm. Best for kids entering grades one and up. Please register.
- Giant Pac-Man – Tuesday, July 17th from 2-3:30 pm. For families, drop in!
- Doc McStuffins Visit and Stuffed Animal Vet Check Up – Wednesday, July 18th at 10:30 am. For families, please register.
- Karaoke! – Thursday, July 19th at 2:30 pm. Please register.
- Mr. Lemoncello’s Library Olympics – Tuesday, July 24th at 2:30 pm. Best for entering grades 4-7. Please register.
- Giant Candyland – Wednesday, July 25th from 10:30 to 11:45 am. For families, drop in!
- Fun with Boxes – Thursday, July 26th at 2:30 pm. Please register.
- Digital Scavenger Hunt – Tuesday, July 31st at 2:30 pm. See details online. Please register.
Financial Fitne$$ for Everyone - Setting and Meeting Your 2018 Financial Goals
Over the next year we hope to encourage all Bellingham families to set 2 new financial goals for 2018 and look to the library for resources to help you meet those goals. This year we will offer programs on a variety of financial topics including: budgeting, retirement and estate planning, saving for college, and more. This program is made possible by a federal Institute of Museum & Library Services grant through the Library Services & Technology Act. The grant is administered through the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Keep an eye out for August financial programs for kids! Adult programming will resume in September!
After School Programs:
Our after school programs will resume in late August! We have some new things planned for the 2018-19 school year, so stay tuned!
Regular Events for Children
- Book Babies Playgroup – For ages 0-23 months. Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:15 am.
- Crayon Box Story Time – Best for ages 2-5. Mondays and Thursdays at 10:30 am. Please register.
- Ring-A-Ding - For ages 0-5. Drop in. Tuesdays & Fridays at 10:05 and 10:50 am. No program on July 31st.
- Picnic Stories – Wednesdays at 12:30 pm on the Town Common, weather permitting.
- Build It Up - Wednesdays from 4 pm-5 pm. Build with bricks, Legos, and Magnatiles! Drop in!
- Babygarten – Wednesdays at 4:30 and Thursdays at 11:45 am starting July 11t. For pre-walking babies. Please register.
- Mother Daughter Book Club – Monday, July 16th at 6:30 pm. Mothers & daughters (grades 7-8) Looking for a way to bond? Join the library’s Mother/Daughter Book Club!!! Each month, a mother/daughter pair selects a book that the group will read. This month's book is "Sunburn" by R. L. Stine. Copies are available at the library. Please register if this is your first time attending.
Events for Adults
- Book Discussion Group, Monday, July 2nd at 6:30 pm, New members welcome, drop in! News of the World by Paulette Jiles will be discussed. Meets on the first Monday of the month. Facilitated by Cecily Christensen, Reference Librarian.
- The Friends of the Library will not be meeting in July.
- Coloring for Adults - Monday, July 9th from 6 -7:30 pm. Come and meet new people and color for stress relief! One coloring page per person will be provided, or you can bring your own. Colored pencils and markers are provided. No registration, just drop in!
- Writer’s Group, Monday, July 9th at 6:30 pm.. Please register.
- Book a Librarian - Wednesdays, July 11th and 18th at 5 and 5:45 pm.. Book a Librarian sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. A library staff member will give undivided attention to patrons who want in-depth help with a wide variety of library services.
- .Monthly Meeting of the Library Board of Trustees - Thursday, July 12th at 7 pm
- Bellingham Skein Artists Adult Knitting Group - Thursdays at 6:30 pm. Drop in!
- Red Cross Blood Drive – Tuesday, July 31st from 1-6 pm. Go to redcross.org to register.