05 / 10 / 2018
  - 04:31:04 PM
Milford Town Hall Happenings

Dog Licenses:

Dog licenses are available in the Town Clerk’s Office.  If you have a new puppy/dog, please come and register the puppy/dog after it receives its rabies vaccination.  Proof or spay/neutering will also be required for all new puppies/dogs if applicable.  Those pet owners who are renewing their dog licenses from the previous year will only need to present us a spay/neutering certificate if the surgery for spay/neutering has been done after your registered your dog in 2017.  We will also need a new/valid rabies certificate if yours has expired. If you are unsure, you can always call our office to verify what documentation may be needed. 

Male/Female dogs are $25.00 and Spayed/Neutered dogs are $6.00. We cannot accept personal checks for payment, but we do accept cash, business check, money order, cashier’s check, debit/credit cards (Note: Unibank charges a convenience fee to use the card $2.50 or $3.95 depending on which card you use). 2018 Dog licensing period ends June 30th.  If you register any dogs after June 30th there will be an additional $10.00 late fee added to your purchase.



Are being printed…they should be arriving soon. We will keep you posted.



The Annual Town Meeting is set for Monday, May 14th at 7:30 p.m. in Upper Town Hall.

Town Meeting Members are asked to arrive early to check in with their Precinct Captains to ensure sufficient number of members present to obtain a quorum.

All Town Meeting Members will be sworn in before the meeting begins.

A copy of the Warrant is available on the town website.  Town Meeting Members have all been mailed their copies of the Warrant.


Future Town Meetings:

If there are still openings in your Precinct and you wish to become a Town Meeting Member, you are required to be a registered voter in Milford and you would have to pull nomination papers at least 28 days in advance of a scheduled Town Meeting. You would be required to obtain at least 30 valid signatures of registered voters within your precinct; we recommend getting extra signatures in the event that we cannot read someone’s signature or they are in a different Precinct. Signatures would then be verified by the Board of Registrars and if they find you have a sufficient number of signatures a notice of special election would be mailed to your Precinct Members that a Special election will be held at Town Meeting.  You would then go to Town Meeting to see if they elect you in and if so, you would be sworn in and then stay for the duration of Town Meeting. Your other option would be to obtain nomination papers in January to run for Town Meeting and be placed on the ballot in April.


Our Website:

Our website information is below.

https://www.milfordma.gov/     (Main page)

https://www.milfordma.gov/town-clerk     (Town Clerk’s page)


What Supporting Documents Do I Need to Get a REAL ID at the RMV?

Many years ago, the Town issued birth records that were the size of an index card (“short form”) but since 9/11 those are no longer issued as valid birth certificates. The only “kind” of birth record you will receive from the Town of Milford will be a “long form” certified copy of birth. We cannot issue photocopies of records, and we cannot fax, email or scan copies of vital records.  We will only issue certified copies in person or by mail.  As of 3/26/18 the RMV has also made changes to what you will need to provide them in order to get a REAL ID Driver’s License. What is required is listed as follows:

 (1) SSN Document: Which would be one of the following examples (SSN card, W-2 form, SSA1099 form, Non-SSA-1099 Form, Paystub with the applicant’s name and SSN);

 (1) Lawful Presence/DOB Document: Which would be one of the following examples (U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card, Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate, Certificate of Citizenship (form N-560 or N-561), Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-561 or N-570), Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240, DS-1350, FS-545), Permanent Resident Card (form I-551), employment Authorization Document (Form I-776 or Form I-668B) or Foreign Passport with U.S. Visa affixed and I-94 stamp; and you will also need

(2) MA Residency Documents for the REAL ID (not for the standard Driver’s License): Which would be two of the following examples (MA RMV issued document, a piece of 1st class mail, MA issued professional license with photo, Medicaid statement, firearms card, jury duty summons, court correspondence, current property tax /excise tax dated within 60 days, utility bills, credit card statement, medical/hospital statement dated within 60 days, lease/mortgage/rental contract dated within 60 days, bank statement with image of personal checks, W-2, pension statement, retirement statement, pay stub, SSA statement, installment loan contract dated within 60 days, school transcript, proof of enrollment, tuition bill, school record for current year, auto/renter’s/homeowner’s policy for current year.

Please keep in mind they may also ask you to provide supporting documents for name changes so you may need to get certified copies of marriage certificates, divorce documents or certified copies of legal name changes.

All supporting documents need to be originals, no photocopies will be accepted.  Any additional information can be found on the RMV website (www.mass.gov/ID).



There are (3) Notaries in the building, and (2) in the Town Clerk’s Office.  There is usually someone available between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.  It is always best to call to make sure they are available before you arrive.  Please do not sign any documents that need to be witnessed by the Notary before coming to the office, for they will not notarize any pre-signed documents.  If the document requires witnesses to be present when you sign, you will be required to provide at least (1) witness. There is no charge for documents notarized in our office.


RAVE (Smart 911) Messages (Town of Milford “Robo” calls):

If you wish to have your phone numbers or email addresses registered to receive important notices about upcoming Town Elections, Voter Registration Deadlines, Dog licensing, etc., you can go to www.milfordpolice.org  or milfordpublicsafety.com and add your information.  If you are currently receiving notices and you no longer live in Milford, please contact the Police Department at (508) 473-1113 to have your information removed. 



Contact Us

Phone: (508) 473-1490

Address: 258 Main Street
PO Box 421 Milford, MA 01757
Email: raywmrc@gmail.com

Public File

Advertise With Us

We offer an integrated, multi-platform program that combines the power and effectiveness of radio with the innovation and influence of the web.  Click HERE to learn more.