By MyFM's Rick Michaels - Firefighters in Ashland were called to a fire at an apartment complex on Joanne Drive late last night. Everyone got out of the complex safely as firefighters were met with heavy smoke and flames coming from the second floor where the fire may have got its start in a second floor kitchen. The Chestnut Place apartment complex has about 40-units. Residents were evacuation when firefighters arrived on the scene. Several towns provided mutual aid and making sure everyone was out of the building which suffered very heavy damage. The State Fire Marshall's Office will now look into the exact cause of the blaze.