Farmers Market Volunteer Roles:
The Milford Farmers Market is searching for volunteers for the 2016 Season. Anyone of any age can come to volunteer, no experience necessary. The Farmers Market is located near the center of Milford, across from the Stacy Middle School. It is a great way to get involved with the community and be part of the Farmers Market’s mission to provide the community access to healthy food.
Volunteer Roles Needed:
- Recruiting vendors: We are always in search of vendors, and volunteers can be helpful in recruiting new farmers from surrounding towns, people who sell arts and crafts, bee keepers, etc. We will provide of list of potential vendors for you to contact.
- Farmers Market Volunteers: We would love volunteers to help with the operations of the Market on Saturdays throughout the season. This includes helping set up (8 AM arrival), and breaking down (until 2 PM). Additional tasks could include: signing up new volunteers, serving as greeters, administrating surveys if needed, helping community members bring produce to their cars, etc. Volunteers are not required to stay for the entire time.
- PR/Advertising Volunteer: Regular PR and advertising is needed before and during the season. We will need about one or two main people throughout the season to help with this. Some examples include:
- Social Media: It would be wonderful to have a voice on social media. Volunteers could contribute via Twitter, Facebook, a blog, Instagram, etc.
- Flyers + Advertising: seeking someone with graphic design skills who could assist in creating flyers and posting them at key community locations.
- Communications: Help with advertising the farmers market to local newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, etc. Creation of a regular newsletter available onsite at the Market, or via online communication.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Jenn DeManche via MilfordMAFarmersMarket@gmail.com or 508-369-6430